Sunday 16 August 2009

DCM - Lacy Days of Summer


Kathy's turn to dare us on Daring Card makers -here is what she said:

My challenge consists of just one word really and that word is;
LACE

You're free to interpret "Lace" in whatever way you like; you could use the actual word on your card, stamp or cut a lacy design or maybe use one of these dictionary definitions to inspire you:
1. a net-like ornamental fabric made of threads by hand or machine.
2. a cord or string for holding or drawing together, as when passed through holes in opposite edges.
3. ornamental cord or braid, esp. of gold or silver, used to decorate uniforms, hats, etc.

4. a small amount of alcoholic liquor or other substance added to food or drink.

I was very tempted to go with the alcoholic liquor - ha ha! But decided to drink that and go with the 'straight-laced' approach of definition #2. I used a sketch from Becky Fleck's Page Maps - Card no. 30, papers are K&Co, vintage photograph from Gaby Braun at gaby cajubrasil, Thank You stamp, My Mind's Eye.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Janice, I love the blue used with the sepia tones, looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh--that lace on the side fits very well with the lace in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice janice,love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Janice. The blue and pink with the sepia is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow…what a fab card.

    I love the way the lacing ties in with the image you’ve used, very clever indeed!

    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't you glad we don't have to suffer those corsets these days?! Fab card, love the lacing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet it took more than the lacing on your card to get that woman to have a waist that slim! haha

    Lovely and very elegant.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, what a wonderful card you have created, especially like the tie ups :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)