Saturday 21 February 2009

In my garden

It was a bright and sunny morning, so I went out to tackle some more hacking back of plants and bramble briars! In 10 minutes I had filled the wheelbarrow with dead leaves and overgrown branches. Because I live on a farm, there is no need to take all the cuttings to a dump, I just have to wheel my barrow up the road a bit to the 'burning heap'. Once there is enough rubbish and we get a dry day without too much wind we light the pile of wood and weeds and then we start all over again!

In rather more picturesque mood, spring is beginning to show itself in my 'garden'. I say 'garden' like that, because the snowdrops are half way up the road at the side of the hedge, the daffodils are pushing up under the hedge next to our dustbin and the miniature irises are in a tub which came out onto the patio today. The flowers were there but completely closed this morning, by afternoon they were open, they may not last very long but they are very pretty.

Templates by Carina for Digiscrapgirls, Digital papers and most elements from 'For Melissa' collaboration kit from Scrapbookgraphics, Feburary Wordart and February 'stamp' from Digitreats.

5 comments:

  1. Busy, busy, busy! Put me to shame today with your industriousness xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! again...
    Two fabby layouts Janice. Your flower photos are so vibrant.
    What a lovely way to look back on what's happening in your garden right now. Would look lovely made into a year book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts Janice, isn't it lovely to see the spring flowers popping up after such a cold winter spell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is definitely springing round here too - fab LOs, both the hard work and picturesque ones! Burning heaps are fab, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layouts Janice.

    Love the wheelbarrow photo.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)