Wednesday 4 February 2009

Honest Scrap Award



The rules to accepting this award is as follows: 1) first list 10 honest things about yourself and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! (2) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.

Gez had awarded me this Honest Scrap blogging award, I am inclined to avoid too much 'deep stuff' on my blog, but am happy to share the things I have put down here.

1. I was a full-time farmer for 4 years, driving tractors, mucking out sheds and working with cattle.
2. I get very easily bored. I have had lots of hobbies, but find it hard to stay with anything for long. Crafting works for me because I do lots of different crafts.
3. I love to read, mostly detective fiction, murder and forensic but not psychological thrillers. The psychological stuff gets stuck in my head and gives me bad dreams.
4. I have a Certificate in Counselling, but decided not to do the Diploma to become a qualified counsellor after doing the 'Supervision' module as some of the things we were told we might hear came into the same category as the psychological thrillers and I knew that I would not be able to detach myself.
5. If I had the time and the money I would go and study textiles at Art College - maybe when I retire.
6. I see my sons differently now that they have left home. I don't see DS2 enough and I am proud to say that DS1 has become a very kind and thoughtful young man as he has matured.
7. I'm really quite an untidy person, but when it gets to a certain point I will have a mass clean up.
8. I was very fortunate to have great parents and a very happy and comfortable childhood.
9. My worst habit is interrupting people - oops!
10. I used to work for Donald Dewar MP before he became the very first First Minister of the Scottish Parliament (quite a long time before it!).

So now I have to choose 7 bloggers to receive this award, many of the bloggers I know have already been tagged so I thought I look for some that hadn't had this award:

Net

Elaine

Traci


Sarah

Leigh

1 comment:

  1. Some more stuff I didn't know about you Janice. Very interesting and I know what you mean about the psychological triller stuff gives me nightmares too.

    I've yet to do mine probably over the weekend.

    Traceyr :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)