Sunday 22 February 2009

ChickenPuff Pie & Pineapple Trifle

No not all on the one plate!!! I had planned to make a Chicken & Mushroom Pie then DS2 and his vegetarian girlfriend came to stay, so I froze the chicken and made something else. Anyway, I had used the mushrooms so added some par-cooked carrots to the sauce instead.
Served it with fresh cauliflower, no potatoes because there was plenty of pastry.
Followed the pie with the remains of last night's pineapple made into mini-trifles. Just some sponge fingers in the bottom of the ramekins, a little blueberry juice to wet them, then the pineapple, some low fat, greek-style yogurt and a few chopped pecan nuts on top.

4 comments:

  1. Yum. I'm definitely coming to dinner tomorrow night - what's on the menu?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, well I can admire the pie crust even if I have to draw the line at the opened up article ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Janice!! Feed me...feed me now. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... and now I'm drooling! hehe xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)