Tuesday 17 February 2009

The Chic Life - Food Challenge

I found this really great blog through Flickr - its called The Chic Life
I intended to take part in the weekly food challenge last week and bought a carton of pomegranate juice, but in the end I didn't make anything very exciting but enjoyed drinking the juice!

This week when I checked the challenge I found that it was 'cabbage' , really frustrating because I had made a lovely Winter Salad on Saturday with red cabbage, celeriac, pears, carrots, pine nuts and dried berries & cherries. However, to take part in the challenge you need to show a photograph of your creation. So I decided tonight that I would make a red cabbage salad for my lunch tomorrow.

I don't have any celeriac or pears left but I did have some celery.


These are the lovely berries & cherries, dried blueberries, cherries and lexia raisins.
I added some tikka chicken to my salad and made up a little French Dressing with olive oil & cider vinegar, I'm looking forward to eating my lunch tomorrow!

13 comments:

  1. Awww Janice! That sounds and looks scrummy!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting stuff Janice!

    You can keep your cabbage - and your celery yucky stuff both hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave off the chicken and I might buy in to that one! The colours look lovely - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors look so vibrant and pretty! I bet it tasted great, too! Thanks for playing!

    :) Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum yum Janice, that's how I can sum it up, hee hee, very colourful and delicious. XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM!!!!! Forgot you were coming over here for lunch hehe XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I come with you for your lunch tomorrow please???

    That looks perfect too me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I have visited your blog a few times and enjoy seeing your artwork and cooking adventures. This one looks really good!
    Kindly, ldh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right Janice, I'm here, it's tomorrow now where's that salad?

    Looks really yummy and very healthy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Janice that looks and sounds lovely. do you want to come down here and share it?
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo yum, my kind of food. Pomegranate juice is delicious...you can keep the cabbage though LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh that looks yummy - I love anything like that....x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)