Sunday 8 February 2009

DCM - Oriental Spendour

I would like you to make a card with an Oriental influence and the ‘Take Away’ I referred to is the twist in the tail.


When ever Oriental is mentioned most people, including myself immediately reach for Red and Black so I’m taking them away from you and removing them from the pallet of colours that you can use on your card.

So to recap:-

I dare you to make an Oriental themed card which doesn’t use Red or Black

I'm not altogether happy with this card, but decided to post it anyway - it's the taking part that counts! Stamp is 'Tanda Stamps' - ink is Brilliance Mediterranean Blue

7 comments:

  1. Very sophisticated and classy there Janice. Love the stamp and the sentiment. The ribbon just sets it off perfectly.

    Lovely card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely - the blue and white are definitely reminiscent of willow pattern china so a great take on the oriental theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of the willow pattern to when I saw it! It's a lovely blue. Well done Janice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice I think this card is really honestly truly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I’m so pleased that you did share your card with us Janice, it beautiful.
    I love the effect you get when just using one colour on White, because it’s so striking.

    Thanks for joining in with the DCM dare this week.
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Janice, thats beautiful...I love the stamp!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks great! Nice color choice! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)