Saturday 9 May 2009

Bubbly Scruptious Challenge No 3

This months challenge at Bubbly Scrumptious is to make a piece of JEWELLERY. It can be anything you like and made in any way you like!!!
Anyone who has been following my blog will know just how much I loved the K&Co Wild Saffron papers and elements. In the Bubbly Funk Kit, we got four brads and even though I have pretty much used up everything else (not quite though) I still had the brads because I couldn't bear to use them on a card and give it away! So this is my solution - create earrings from them. These were my two favourites, I simply cut off the prongs and used silicon glue to glue them onto a pair of flat earrings that I never wear now, you could buy proper earring bases, but these worked in just the same way.


Here they are in my ears, I think it is quite cool how they are both different.
I also wanted to show you two 'cuffs' that I have made. These are made using my embellisher machine, which is an easier way to needlefelt. The base of the cuff is organza and I used the machine to felt merino wool fibre into the chiffon and then added some silk fibres over the top.
This blue one also had thick embroidery threads embellished onto it and some bugle beads sewn in.

7 comments:

  1. Great idea with the brads, the look fab as earrings - clever you! I love the cuffs, especially the slightly more freeform look and rich colours of the first one, gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some gorgeous makes there Janice. I love how you made your earrings using no jewellery making bits, they look fab, as do those cuffs.

    K xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those earings...methinks I have those lovely brads too!!! Thank you so much for taking part in the challenge honey XXX

    I also LOVE those cuffs...OMG you are so clever! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Janice. Love the cuffs and what a brilliant and clever idea for the brads.

    Well done you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I missed these on my last visit - glad I've seen them now - utterly gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous earrings and cuffs Janice. What a creatively talented lady you are !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blinking heck Janice, I love the idea with the K & Co brads as earrings, flippingerooneo fantastic.............and I love the wrist cuffs, they are just amazing. You clever clever lady. Please can I have one...please? XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)