Sunday 10 February 2008

HS:MS Pride


Pride (or Vanity in one's self) is considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins and is identified as a desire to be more important or attractive than others, failing to give compliments to others though they may be deserving of them, and excessive love of self. Show us Pride in your space.

I am not sure if this is my pride or his vanity! This 'self-portrait' is stuck on the door of my DS2's bedroom, I pass it every day and no longer notice it very much. He did this when he was about 16, just messing around, if he had spent as much time on the art work he was supposed to be doing for school he might have got a better grade! However, I really like this piece of art and I am very proud of how creative he is.

3 comments:

  1. The artistic streak obviously runs in the family - fab self-portrait! You're quite right to be proud of him :)

    The river walk sounds lovely. I know what you mean about sounding like gentry-folk though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And quite rightly so :-) It's a great piece of work, he is very talented too :-)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great talent and a lovely take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)