Monday 25 February 2008

DCM Dare - Plastic Fantastic

This week it's Rhi here to dare you and I'm on a recycling mission. I dare you to look again at the plastic packaging around you and transform it into a brand new card. It could be food packaging, craft packaging or just something plastic that's destined for the bin or recycling. Trim it, die cut it, alcohol ink it, crop-o-dile it, give it a new lease of life then share it via your blog for us all to see. Happy Recycling!

I used the black plastic base of a box of cherry tomatoes, punched out circles with my Cuttlebug and them used the little embossing folders with the flowers on. I cut round the flowers and stuck them onto punched gold card flowers. I've had the paper for ages, got it off Ebay and the ribbon was recycled off a box of something (can't remember what) at Christmas. A little bit of doodling round the flowers and gold pen on the edges.

I based the card on the Card sketch that Rosie put up on Bubblyfunk Forum

2 comments:

  1. Black plastic; very good thinking! The card looks very dramatic, Janice - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the black plastic looks amazing! Fab card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)