Sunday 6 June 2010

Pearls, Peel-offs and Paint!

Over in Daring Card Maker land, it's time for 'jewel of the month' or rather, birthstone and ...
 
The birthstone for June is the
Pearl
We'd like you to use lots and lots of beautiful pearls on your cards this week - or maybe you'll take inspiration from Pearls in another way, for instance the Pearl symbolises loyalty, faithfulness and friendship and is associated with modesty, chastity and purity. 
 
 
 
When I started to make this card, it was not intended to be a DCM entry, but rather a late entry for Bubbly Funk Forum 25th Club, where we have pledged to make a certain number of Christmas cards each month, and the theme was red and green for May. 

I started with the stamped image, which came from a swap, as it had been stamped in Stazon, I couldn't use copics, so decided to dig out my watercolour pencils, which I haven't used for ages.  I also used some other gold paint for the letters.  Then I wondered how to present it and toyed with making an easel card, well I wasn't happy with that, but thought I'd use the fold I'd already made and create something a bit different.
 
As it was a fairly formal image, I didn't feel that inked edges would be right for this, so once again I rummaged about till I found some straight gold peel-offs, which just finished it off as I wanted.  
 
The 'dior' ribbon was made using a tutorial on Gingersnap Creations and when I went to find something to add to the centre I found this little link from an old bracelet with a PEARL on it -  Bingo!

This is the second card I made for the 25th Club.

5 comments:

  1. Well it's not just me doing Christmas then lol - absolutely love your cards and your DCM one is so rich and elegant.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Janice, that first one is so classy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was going to say 'i have that stamp' LOL
    i love what you've done with it-beautiful :)
    little santa is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more than I have managed for the May Challenge Janice. Beautiful cards and love the ruched ribbon effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them both, but the Noel one has to be my favourite - it is so classy and gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)