Saturday 14 March 2009

DCM - Ready Steady Cook!

So, what's this week's dare all about?
Here in the UK there's a TV programme that's been going for years. A couple of viewers are invited to bring a bag of cookery ingredients to the studio and two top chefs have to make a meal using the contents of those bags - they don't know what will be in the bags beforehand.

So this dare is my take on that theme - I'll tell you the ingredients you have to use, then all you have to do is make the card.

Here are your ingredients:
3 different papers
At least one piece of chipboard
At least 1 button
At least 1 piece of ribbon
optional: 1 extra item/element of your choice

I used this dare to make my Mum's birthday card. It is really difficult when her birthday is so close to Mother's Day, so she gets two cards in quick succession!

I also used sketch No. 4 from Kathy's Waffle Sketch File, I've used this one before, but it works for so many different cards that I seem to be drawn back to it again and again.

5 comments:

  1. Its a lovely bright and funky card! :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the bright colours and the strong geometrics Janice.

    Fab for the dcm - the choippie swirl looks great, and thanks for using the sketch too - I'll add this to my links list

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright zingy colours in this card Janice, its a smiling card! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cheery Janice, your mum will love it,I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea - made me smile as I actually was on RSC way back in 1995 (shall I let you into a little secret - sshhh - the programme provides the bag of food - there I've let the cat out of the bag!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)