Saturday 28 March 2009

Artarazzi Challenge 16

Here is the image that was given for the Artarazzi Challenge this week. When I looked at the rather spooky interpretation given by Indybev, I realised that the dancers reminded me of the ghosties and 'Cutty Sark' from the Poem Tam O'Shanter by Robert Burns. So here they are dancing with the 'deil' before Cutty Sark chases Tam on his mare, Meg pulling off her tail as they escape across a bridge - did you know that ghosts can't cross water? Robert Burns lived much of his adult life and died close to where I live. His poetry is incredible in it's observation of people and their very human failings. You can read more HERE

12 comments:

  1. WOW This is fantastic - love the colour, the composition, and the quote. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice you are really good at this - I love what you make each week. Well done - it's brilliant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever, Janice - this is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I translated your blog Janice so it was better understandable for me.
    I had never heard of the Poem Tam O'Shanter by Robert Burns. It still suprises me what a learn by other "participaters?" of Vron's blog.
    What you made of the picture brings me deep respect. In Holland we would say " fantatisch gedaan" (fantastic)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janice, this is phenomenal! I love it. I have been to Robert Burns' wee little cottage. I had an ancestor who used to hold Bobby Burns teas on Sunday afternoon, where they read his poetry and who knows what else.
    I love your work here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Vron. I love it all. You've blended the image into the scene perfectly. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fantastic! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you have worked the ghostly ladies into the picture and I really enjoyed the story behind it. Wonderful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really great Janice. You clever girl.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic how you incorporated them in this scene!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How clever are you??? You can hardly believe that you have used the ame image! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just beautiful, Janice! I love it..very clever and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)