Wednesday 14 November 2007

Glasgow

Here is Andrew, our DS2. On Friday night we had a really nice meal in the Cafe Francais at the bottom of Byres Road in Glasgow. It was lovely to spend some time with him and catch up on his news. We met him again on Saturday after his work and went to O Sole Mio, an italian restaurant that has been in Bath Street in Glasgow for 40 years and one DH & I used to frequent when we lived there, we were going to the theatre after that and Andrew was off to a party.
This is our bedroom at the Town House Hotel, in Hughenden Terrace. It was very nice, quiet and the breakfast was very good.

I couldn't resist taking this shot of the Christmas decorations in Frasers in Buchanan Street - it is THE department store in Glasgow.


This blurry shot is from the top of The Lighthouse in Mitchell Lane, Glasgow. The Lighthouse was the original home of The Glasgow Herald and is a long narrow building hiding up a small lane off Buchanan Street. It is a museum of architecture and had an interesting exhibition about the Saltire Awards for social housing in Scotland from the 30's to the present. You can only get up to the top of the tower by climbing a spiral stair case, then you get out onto a little platform looking down on the city. It was very windy and the light was bad, so my picture is not good, but I think it gives you the idea of what it was like and how high up we were.
There would have been more photographs including some from the newly refurbished Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, however I forgot to take the memory card out of the reader after downloading the last pics, so I only had the memory on the camera - doh!
Will blog a little tour of 'places I have lived in Glasgow' as I did take some photos when I was up the West End, but I should really go and get on with something else now.

4 comments:

  1. Andrew looks like a very cheery chappy - inherited your smile, I think! Sounds like you enjoyed your time in Glasgow, it's somewhere I've been meaning to visit for years but that impromptu trip to Paisley hospital is as close as I've got so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your super photos - glad you enjoyed your time there and particularly being able to catch up with Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it was great to catch up with your son Janice. Doesn't he look like you?

    I think the blur from the photo came from fear being so high and exposed and in the wind personally! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! look at those decs in Frazers??? Dazzling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)