Tuesday 2 August 2011

Pot Fest - part two: The Garden

As I said in yesterday's post, about the Pot Fest at Hutton in the Forest, there is a gorgeous walled garden behind the house and it is one of those gardens which looks best in July with huge drifts of flowers in deep borders.


There were fruit trees on the walls, soaking up the sun and warmth,  the number and size of the apples was quite incredible and there were pear and plum trees as well.

The garden is divived up by hedges, creating 'rooms',  we loved the pyramid shaped hedges in the background and the huge urn full of flowers in the middle of the lawn.


The arch way was made from four trees trained over a metal frame.

 Mr Farmer was amused by a text from our son, who had managed to reply to the one his Dad sent him...in French!  He used Google Translate to work out what his Dad had said and then to reply - boys eh!

Now let's get to the flowers.







 And just to show that I was there, here I am outside the walled garden with one of a row of stone urns filled with nasturtiums.  We really enjoyed our day and could thoroughly recommend it.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, so pretty! Love the cosmos in their lovely shades of pink and white. What a beautiful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous place. So calm and beautiful. Great pictures too! Makes me wish I had greener fingers

    ReplyDelete
  3. what beautiful gardens Janice. I wish my nasturtiums were that good, they are hopeless this year.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are beautiful ,Janice. It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful day.
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  6. My last message got eaten!!!
    What wonderful pictures, Janice. It looks and sounds as if you had a really good day.
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a splendid garden...fabulous photos...can't believe your lavender is in full bloom ... ours was peaking in June ... now we are hot hazy and humid here in Virginia USA

    on to see Part One
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The garden does look good as do you and Brian :)

    I love those round prickly seed/flowers in the first photograph I've love them for my garden.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)