Monday 22 August 2011

Inspired by Banksy!

What a fantastic challenge the Daring Card Makers have set this week!  I really enjoyed being...

'Inspired by Banksy'
If you're not aware of who he is, then pop on by Banksy.co.uk and take a look at some of his amazing street art across the world - you could also try a Google Image search on "Banksy" to find lots of fabulous ideas for your card.
 
 This was the Banksy image I chose to be inspired by and here is my card:

Background was created with Adirondack Dye Pad 'Pebble',  the Victorian girl stamp came in a bundle of pre-owned stamps so I don't know it's origin,  the hearts were a freebie on a magazine.  I even used my own handwriting (shock!) and a bit of doodling to finish it off.

4 comments:

  1. what a great interpretation Janice...love it..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo lovely Janice - that picture seems to be a real favourite among the Banksy works, and it's easy to see why,
    Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was drawn to that Banksy image too (not that I've managed to do anything!) - love your take on it and your handwriting looks great on here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Janice and I thought the handwriting was a text stamp!

    Love the background colour and technique too.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)