Sunday 14 August 2011

Keep Calm and Sew On!

I'm not really a 'cutesy' kind of girl so the challenge at Daring Card Makers this week really made me think.  

so kawaii!

Kawaii means anything that is lovable, hug-able and basically cute! Think Hello Kitty and food with smiley faces. Most of the colours in kawaii are sugary, fun and bright so I want to see a little fun bright pop colour too.If you're totally stumped this week check out my favourite kawaii blog for some super cute inspiration, http://www.supercutekawaii.com/

I decided that the way to go was with the sugary colours rather than the japanese theme.
I was lucky enough to win this digital kit called 'Sew Cute' (see there is a cutesy element in there!) designed by  Sugarplum Paperie, Danielle Engebretson Designs and Mari Koegelenberg Creation,  from the Sugarplum Paperie blog recently and I just love the sewing themed elements and the fun sewing sentiments.  The whole of the card design is digital, printed out and stuck onto a card blank, the edges of which have been coloured with matching ink.

7 comments:

  1. Love what you have done with that super digikit. The colours are certainly kawaii cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great digi elements, love the way you've put them together for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Janice. All the elements work really well together. :-)

    Thanks for your confident words for tomorrow. Much appreciated.Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is cute Janice, and fits the brief :)

    Hope you are calm and sewing on? tee hee

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely Janice, and those colours are fav! Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers' "so kawaii" challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Janice. Love the sewing theme. X Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, the colours are very kawaii! Thanks joining in the 'So Kawaii' dare at Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)