Sunday 9 May 2010

Dioressence

The Soartful prompt this week is 'Fragrance' but rather than use the image provided, I decided to use an image related to the first 'proper' perfume that I was given, Dioressence.  My dad travelled a lot in his job and came back from trips to the US in the 1960's  and early 70's with a transister radio, a cassette player, at a time when these were unknown locally,  and lots of lovely dresses for me and my sister.  As we got older buying clothes was not such an easy task and so he started to buy duty free perfume in the airport or on the plane.  The first bottle he bought for me was Dioressence.  I loved the smell of Lily of the Valley, although it always made me sneeze!  Pefume still makes me sneeze, but I continue to wear it. 

The image is from a vintage Dioressence advertisement, which I have chopped, duplicated and generally messed around with! Over that is a scribble overlay from the Scrappin' Cop and underneath a pic of lily of the valley.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely story Janice. Isn't it nice to reminisce. Beautiful and exciting piece.

    Thanks for being Soartful this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I got so caught up in your lovely story and exciting creation that I can't remember if I left a comment for you. Just in case, here's another.

    Thanks for being Soartful this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a lovely colourful piece of art Janice and weren't you a lucky girl to have such fabulous presents!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting to find what things send us walking down Memory Lane isn't it? Thanks for sharing the artwork and the memory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great digi piece, love the story behind it and the way you've fragmented and repeated the image looks fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)