Sunday 11 October 2009

Scrap It - Spring

Another digital challenge from Digital Craft Cottage, here is the Scrap-It Challenge for October 09: Everyone has a favourite season. Do you like the cool and rustic feel
of Autumn, or are you more a warm flowing spring person? Share with us
all what your favourite of these two seasons are and why, using
pictures and journalling incorporating more than a title.

I've chosen Spring as my favourite season and here is what the journalling says:

Small Paper
And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.

~Percy Bysshe Shelley, "The Sensitive Plant"

Large Paper
Spring is a very special season. I love to see the buds on the trees. My mother taught me to recognise the different buds, the long ones that look like cigars are from the Beech tree, the black sooty buds are those of the Ash tree, and those fat, sticky buds belong to the Horse Chestnut tree. When they start to unfurl and reveal their bright, fresh green leaves I feel my spirits lift.

The flowers of spring seem to be full of sunshine: yellow primroses, daffodils and the golden yellow of the gorse in the hedgerow.

Spring is a time of renewal and hope,
The arrival of the swallows heralds the promise longer and warmer days, yes spring is a very special season.

Kit: Spring Linen by Laura Boetto, Sketch Template by Sine 'So Ways 04', vintage paper by Stampington.

5 comments:

  1. Yep, you're right, you have found your digi mojo!!

    This is lovely Janice, that swirl and flowers are fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous lo and I love the journalling :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO - I love the way this looks like a desktop with beautiful things to pick up and admire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is special!!! I love those biddy little flowers XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)