Sunday 21 December 2008

Hang up your stocking!


I thought I'd show you the Christmas stocking I made for my DS1's girlfriend. I've made stockings with this pattern for all the family, it's one I bought in the US when I first went there in 1980, at that time you couldn't get patterns like this in the UK and even Christmassy fabric was difficult to find. It is a very easy pattern, the trickiest bit is putting on the name, I've embroidered most of the others but thought I would try to do this one with applique, it wasn't easy stitching round the letters, but I'm pleased with the effect.

7 comments:

  1. Oh that's lovely Janice, I appreciate the work involved on those letters. Well done for keeping at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how lovely for Shona to have a stocking to match everyone else's! Great job on this, the spotty fabric looks so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab stocking Janice!!!!

    Merry Christmas to you, Brian and your family.

    Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo what a fab stocking Janice! Well done on the appliqued letters , they do look fiddly! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely, Janice. I'm afraid the stockings I'm using came from the cheap shop! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely Janice. You should be very proud.

    Thank You for all the lovely comments you have left on my Blog this year...I've a little something waiting for you to collect on my Bog!!

    Take care Janice. Wishing you & all your family a Merry Christmas & a healthy, peaceful 2009.

    Happy crafting.

    Love Gez. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Janice, this is fab - makes our felt ones look a bit sad. Might have to think about making us some new ones.....one year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)