Monday 5 May 2008

Rural Life

It was time for the calves to go out to grass this weekend. Before they go out they get a long acting worming bolus and a copper capsule, this involves putting them through the cattle crush before they get to go into the field. The photo below shows DH giving one of the calves it's worming bolus, you can't see it, but there is a device which goes down the calf's throat to deliver the bolus into it's stomach. Here are the calves, having their very first taste of fresh grass.

and here we are in all our glory, Massey Fergusson overalls, and yes, that is my tree that I'm journalling in the background.

Steven came over to help us out. It is much easier if you have more people to help get them from the shed into the cattle crush - they really don't want to go there.





1 comment:

  1. Your cows look good Janice. What is it about overalls....you all look soooo stylish lol X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)