Thursday 2 May 2013

A birthday treat!

Last weekend my Mum and I travelled to London.  We went First Class on the train from Edinburgh to Kings Cross and stayed in a hotel close to Leicester Square.  Over the weekend we saw 'The Lion King' and 'Singing in the Rain', visited the Tate Modern, The Globe Theatre and the National Gallery, but the highlight was afternoon tea at The Dorchester.

We had almost finished our tea when the pianist started to play 'Happy Birthday to you', Mum turned to me and said "It must be someone's birthday", she was so surprised when the waiter brought the cake with lit candles to our table. 

It's not every day you reach your 80th birthday and not many 80 year olds would have the stamina to do all the things we packed into our weekend. It was a trip that we both will remember, and if you ever get the chance to have tea at the Dorchester, I can highly recommend it.

11 comments:

  1. Gosh Janice your Mum looked fab for 80!!
    What a wonderful weekend you both had and what a lot you packed into those few days too!!
    Oh and by the way I have that white lace per una top too!! great taste!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very special to spend this time together doing so many wonderful things! Beautiful ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so very special and good for you for pulling it off. I did a surprise party of a few people for my folks 50th anniversary a long time ago. My mother was still talking about it years later. I'm sure you're mom will be talking about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds a wonderful weekend and celebration for an obviously very special lady. You both look lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way for you to treat your Mum on her special day.
    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that sounds a really wonderful weekend for you and your Mum Janice! You both look so happy! Your Mum looks incredible and to have that much stamina is a real blessing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated birthday greetings to your mum Janice. It sounds like a perfect trip away together and the photo is fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you both!
    Sounds great, and the picture is stunning!
    Wish you a nice weekend!
    **
    /I wish I could do something similar for my mother - as a sign of respect and love./

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way to celebrate your mother's 80th birthday. It sounds like you had a marvelous time. Your mother is a beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing weekend for you and your mum!! she looks fab!..... afternoon tea too!! Awesome!! I hope she enjoyed herself!! turning 80 in style! Thank you for joining in with my prompt really appreciated!! April XxXxX

    ReplyDelete
  11. The smiles say it all Janice. Glad you and your Mum had a great time in London.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)