Sunday 26 October 2008

DCM - Forever Autumn

Forever Autumn
I decided on this one after hearing the Justin Haywood song of the same name playing on the radio. I couldn’t get it out of my mind and kept singing it as I was working.So now I’m daring you to make a card that depicts Autumn.It can be an Autumn scene or it can be something completely different but using a palette of Autumn colours……the choice is yours!


Here is my version of the DCM Dare for this week, the background paper is a free one I printed off from Scrapbook Scrapbook, years and years ago, but I loved the colours and the leaves, so kept it. The stamps are the same one's I used on the paint challenge - sorry I've lost the company name, they were the cheap ones you got in The Works. The top and bottom leaves were stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia, and watercoloured the middle one was stamped using Brillance Pearlescent Poppy. I found the quote on the Quote Garden website.

14 comments:

  1. it has autumn written all over it:)
    it's lovely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Janice and I now know its not shrink plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Janice and the quote is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Janice. Great use of the SP too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quote and that paper looks fab - gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That card is lovely and autumnal Janice! I have those leaf stamps somewhere too I think..... I don't think they've ever been out of their packaging though!

    I've just hunted them out and they're by Royal and Langnickel 'Clear Choice' stamps.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you decided to hang on to that backing paper Janice, the colours are stunning and just perfect for this dare.
    Your stamped leaves are great too and I love the way you’ve mounted them on the coloured card so they stand out from the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours are beautiful. Lovely autumnal feel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning card Janice...i love that background paper too! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love your choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card, Janice - such a super blend of colours - truly autumnal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Janice, I really love autumnal colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely card and love the halloween banner too , if you fancy entering craft challenges or monthly competitions pop over and join us at www.fiskarettes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wonderful autumnal card. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)