Saturday 25 January 2014

My World - in a box

The Lucky 7s theme this week is My World.  Well, some of my world went into storage this week, packed up in boxes into a hired van.  We have dry rot in our kitchen walls and the bedroom above and the work starts tomorrow to take our my lovely kitchen (only put in 3 years ago) take down the ceiling and treat the dry rot, then it all has to be rebuilt. 

We've known about it since October but the work starts next week, so it's been rather busy with packing and organising over the last month.  I'll keep you posted as the work progresses.

10 comments:

  1. good luck with all the work , hope it gets done quickly for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janice, I'll be thinking about you this week. How are you going to manage without a kitchen. I hope everything goes as it should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor you, you must be devastated!! It is 2 yrs this month that we had to pack up our lounge and dining room cos of a leak. Not forgotten it yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no, hope all goes well and you are back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Viv - I'll manage, I've set up in the utility room with microwave, slow cooker and a single electric ring! It will be a challenge but not impossible.
    Lynne - thanks for your empathy, it's never fun, but you just have to get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Helen, once it's started it wont seem such a big mountain to climb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear- that sounds dreadful. Hope it all soon gets sorted for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is a lot of work. I don't envy you. I do wish you luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The repair a small war.
    You were talking earlier on about these problems.
    Courage!
    / I love your title. Thank you for your was able to participate this week! /

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)