Sunday 15 May 2011

Papers and Pixels - Free Craft Magazine, May Edition


It's time for the latest edition of Papers and Pixels, the free digital craft magazine.  Click on the image to go to the download page.  There are lots of great freebies in this edition including a digital scrapbooking kit from Kim Broedelet at Scrap Matters.

And here is the layout I entered for the May Challenge which was the following recipe:
2 or more photos where one is blended in the background or becomes the whole background
2 frames
some grunge
some stitching

Lovely Poppies collab at Digital Crea
1. Caricature blended with paper
2. Small square pink frame
3. Stitches

Celebrate collab at Digital Crea
1. Paper
2. Party Popper

Large Frame - Sugarplum Paperie, Love Actually
Lace - Going out with a Bang from Maya de Groot
Cherry Blossoms - T Hernandez

Athena Gray - Pure Elegance
1. Fireworks
2. ribbon
3. key

Athena Gray - Mauvelicious
1. Tag
2. Ticket

Journalling:
For my 21st Birthday, I flew to California on Freddie Laker Airlines, one of the first low cost airlines inthe UK.  Friends  took me to
Baker Street where I had my caricature drawn and the waiters sang Happy Birthday to me.  This sort of thing just didn't happen at home so it was a very special
experience.

The dress in the inset photo was the one I was wearing when the caricature was drawn.

3 comments:

  1. What a fab LO to remember a special occasion Janice - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect! It totally makes me smile. The glitter around the caricature, the frame behind you, the sparkler in your hand, the photo of you wearing the same dress as in the caricature, the flowers along the bottom.... love it all!

    Just curious... what is the finished size of this project? I think you should frame it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a superb way to spend your 21st birthday Janice.

    Love the layout.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)