Saturday 16 January 2010

Pogonip!

Jeanette at Soartful, has given us an interesting challenge this week here is what she says:

"One of the pretty things that I remember about the icy cold was seeing
what the Washoe Indians called pogonip. That is a heavy frost that
would accumulate on the branches of tress. Beautiful."

The image provided was very pretty and I didn't wan't to mess about with it too much so I have used some blending modes with some of my own frosty branch photos, then added a few frosty branches from Lisa Bowman's White Christmas Kit for Digital Craft Cottage and a sanded overlay from the Scrappin' Cop.

5 comments:

  1. Love the icy effects here, Janice, lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done. You really enhanced the image.

    Thanks for being Soartful this week.

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. great effect round the edges janice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super icey feeling on this piece, it makes me cold just looking at it! lol
    Thanks for sharing...
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bery cool!! Love the look.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)