Our new sofa arrived on Thursday and I'm really pleased with it. The photo is rubbish as we haven't finished decorating and don't have any curtains or blinds up yet, so there was a lot of light from the window and it reflects off the dark brown leather.
Okay, I realise you are wondering why this post is entitled 'Bertie', well the name the company gave to this corner suite is 'Burlington' and there is an old Music Hall song called 'Burlington Bertie'. I did a quick search and found the lyrics and more info about the song HERE, I didn't realise it was such a long song, they must have only sung exerpts from it on 'The Good Old Days' TV show that was on in the 1970s.
Here is a little bit of the song:
- I'm Burlington Bertie I rise at ten thirty
- and saunter along like a toff
- I walk down the Strand with my gloves on my hand
- Then I walk down again with them off
- I'm all airs and graces, correct easy paces
- Without food so long, I've forgot where my face is
- I'm Bert, Bert, I haven't a shirt
- But my people are well off you know.
- Nearly everyone knows me from Smith to Lord Rosebr'y,
- I'm Burlington Bertie from Bow.
Scrapbook Kit is 'Neutrality' from DSD by Athena available at Inspiration Lane