Saturday 25 August 2007

Visit to Graphicus









I set off to Barnard Castle at about 9am and reached the Graphicus Store around 11am, the traffic wasn't bad, it's just a long way from where I live to Barnard Castle! I was greeted with coffee and biscuits and a very warm welcome, especially as it was my birthday and I had travelled so far.

These pics are from the display of work inside the store and there were some really stunning pieces.

Here is Glenda Waterworth demonstrating the new Elusive Images Christmas stamps that are launched in September. I had to buy one of the stamp sheets as they are based on Christmas baubles but the bauble part has been influenced by a particular artist like Mackintosh or Klimt and the bauble top comes as a separate stamp, so you can use them for other kinds of stamping. You see the pendant round Glenda's neck... that is stamped onto stampbord & embossed, she uses a Cropodile (now on my Christmas list) to make the hole and set the eyelet. That one she is making below right is using the Mackintosh rose stamp.

Not to forget Lynn who was also busy demonstrating the 'Bind-it-all' which I am sure is a spell of some kind from Harry Potter! However, it turns out to be a clever gadget for making notebooks.





Here is Lynn's lovely notebook. And here is Lynn.








This is the full stash I bought at the store, about half was in the sale and the other half, I just had to have! Well it was my birthday after all. Hope to be showing off some creations with my new stuff soon.


Something weird has happened to this post, there seems to be a huge space at the bottom that I can't get rid of. I knew there was some kind of spell in that bind-it-all!
















































































1 comment:

  1. hi Janice

    you disappeared before I had chance to make you a birthday card - ah well, there's always next year! Glad you enjoyed your day, it was lovely to see you and I'm very impressed that you travelled so far.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)