Saturday 6 February 2010

Mad March Hare in February!

It's been a while since I took part in the Something Completely Different challenges, but I couldn't resist this one. I've never really got into ATCs but as that is the format for this challenge that's what I have created. I particularly like the original Tenniel drawings for Alice in Wonderland, so it had to feature one of those.

Here is what the SCD team said about their challenge:

ATCs
(just in case peeps don't know, ATC's are pieces of art sized 2.5"x 3.5" they are never sold only traded!)

Most people love them, that is until they hear about my challenge subject this week......

Mad March Hare


The background was created with Ranger Distress Inks in Peeled Paint and Milled Lavender. Text stamp from Wild Asparagus Stamps by My Mind's Eye.
The lettering is stamped with Studio G Clear Stamps.

17 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love the arm with the top hat extending out of the side of the main picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats lovely janice :) i like the the text background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Janice! I like the original drawings too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. rawkin kewl atc chickie! love that arm coming out! awesome work! thanks so much for joining in the challenge this week

    hugz
    melody

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the muted colours on this one too Janice.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work and so much fun
    hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in agreement with the arm & hat! Such a mad but fab touch :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I cannot believe all the awesome creations people are coming up with this week. Simply terrific. Thanks so much for playing with us at SCD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Think we are in agreement re the hat and arm the AIW sketches are lovely.

    please join in the next 3 ATC challenges be careful you may become addicted to them.

    chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant Janice. Looks like you had great fun making this Atc. Hope you can join in the rest of the month. :) Thanks for joining us. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janice - FAB! really love it! the arm and hat are great and I love the background - hope that you'll join us all month and take part in our swap xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful ATC really captures the theme with those fantastic images

    thanks for joining us on SCD

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just right for the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really love the top hat popping out from the page!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great background for this Janice and love the image you used

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this ATC! Fantastic. Thanks for playing at SCD.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)