Tuesday 30 March 2010

Titania Queen of the Faeries

The SCD (Something Completely Different) challenge this week was to create a Thrinchie (3 x 3 inch square) featuring a crown.  I got my subscription copy of Craft Stamper yesterday and really like the tutorial they had by Liesbeth Fidder called 'Layer upon Layer', so I used this technique to create my background.  The fairy stamp came from Sue in a stamped image swap.  The quote is, of course, from Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare: "You spotted snakes with double tongue; Thorny hedgehogs be not seen; Newts and blind worms do no wrong. Come not near our fairy queen".

Background: Distress Inks - Peeled Paint and Rusty Hinge
Stamps - dragonfly and crown (Craft Stamper freebies), Flourish - Dimension Fourth

8 comments:

  1. That's lovely Janice, the stamp is fab. I liked that article too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quote to put with the stamp! Do you know Britten's opera of MSND? Can't be doing with most of it but there's the most gorgeous epilogue (Now until the break of day...) with the chorus and Oberon (sung by a counter tenor) and Titania - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magical wonder if she will find her Bottom. Really love your Trinchie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous thrinchie - really love the layered background..and loving those new di's...

    Thanks for joining us this week janice...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like we used the same crown lol I love this I got my CS too it's always full of goodies isn't it!

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to wait for my CS :(

    This is a really gorgeous piece Janice...MSND is my favourite Shakespeare and I never tire of seeing it in any form XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely Trinchie and such a lovely image. Fantastic crown. Thanks for playing this week with us on SCD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting trinchie Janice loving the colours and her fairy royal highness.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)